My question for the panel is...

What will the end brick and mortar schools mean for the socialization of students?

School is about learning to work in collaborative environments while developing the crucial social skills that help students to become positively functioning members of society. How will this be achieved?

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mary Beth Hertz commented  · 

The way that students (and people in general) collaborate and socialize has completely changed over the last 10 years. Schools need to be relevant and follow the current trends to teach students how to properly navigate new and developing ways of socializing with their peers and others in the global community.

• jeffmason commented  · 

"Brick and Mortar" schools, themselves, will have a very limited effect on the future of education. The debate should be about "Brick and Mortar" curricula and its detriment to the future of education.

• Vicki Davis commented  · 

End of brick and mortar schools - where does this assumption come from? Why? Social interaction is important too and truly students become more responsible with age, but even then, often learning requires a lot of self discipline. Just wondering why the end of brick and mortar is so assumed in many of these questions.

Feedback and Knowledge Base